Be part of history and make a gift to the Endowed Fund for Law, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Triple your Impact to Support a More Equitable Community
Your gift will be tripled thanks to the generosity of Elaine Galinson and Herb Solomon. Help us achieve our goal to raise $4M to establish the following and start creating a more equitable community.
You can contribute to:
- An endowed a chair in law, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- The funds will help California Western attract leaders who will continue to create an atmosphere of open discussion, mutual respect, and dignity toward all.
- An endowed lecture series in law, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- The funds will establish a yearly lecture series aimed at continuing and advancing critical conversations about law, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An endowed scholar in residence in law, diversity, equity
- The funds will help California Western become a hub for leading scholars dedicated to examining the intersections of law, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Student scholarship support
- The funds will help California Western continue its commitment to building a collaborative learning and working environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
More about the Gift
“We’ll be looking at how do we do justice, how do we pursue justice?” Scott said. “This gift will also us to better be a place to have those conversations, to train better lawyers to be more critical thinkers and analysts, and to attract more people from marginalized communities.”
California Western Law Receives Largest Gift in School's History
“The inequality and racial discrimination that has existed in our country since the early 17th century threatens the promise of the United States contained in our founding documents. With this gift, California Western can increase opportunities for long-marginalized students to reap the benefits to themselves and society of a quality legal education."
“ . . . If not now, when?”
These words from Rabbi Hillel guided Elaine Galinson and Herb Solomon toward their recent record-breaking donation to the California Western School of Law. Their $3m gift reflects the obligation to duty that Hillel advocated in his role as religious leader and scholar.